Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bike Ride to Maine - Day 2

I've arrived safely at my destination and I'm getting ready to crack open a beer and relax on the porch.

Today's ride was much shorter than yesterday, only 52 miles, and there weren't as many hills. It was much windier, though.

About an hour into the ride, I started to notice a squeak when I was pedaling. It was driving me crazy and it continued to worsen. I stopped a few times to see if I could find the source, but it was no use.

When I arrived at the dock to catch the boat to the island, I ate a platter of fried seafood. I had thinking about that all day.

All in all, this was a good introduction to bicycle touring. I saw parts of New Hampshire and Maine that I had never seen before. I saw looks of amazement when I told people how far I was riding. Most of all, I accomplished something, which I had set out to do.

Now, back to that beer.

No comments: